Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Review: Fable II



Fable II... What can I really say about this game? The game lets me be evil. I get to wander the streets randomly slaughtering villiages for my own ammusement causing the helpless weaklings to run in fear at the mear sire of me. Aside from that, I can't really think of anything good to say about this game.

The graphics are mediocre. The scenery outside is nice at times, but then you hit the city and see it's pretty much the same thing over and over again. There seems to be only 10 types of villagers, 2 guards, and all the bandits and monsters have only 2 or 3 design sets.

The voice acting is dull and listless. If you don't find yourself falling asleep in the middle of every conversation, I think you need to settle down on the caffeine. No character seemed to have any real life to them, most of them are clearly simply reading a script and that's all.

Playing the game is an exercise in your will to not butcher people who refuse to shut up even when you are butchering them. Sure you can buy all their houses and profit off them, but after a while you make so much gold off these people you can't even find anything to do with it. After you king yourself from owning everything what else is there to do? I have no clue. Guess I'll go back to murdering people aside from that and playing with your dog, I can't find anything to do.

Overall Rating: 3/10

No comments: